Angle of attack (AOA) inspection
Trimble® AOAView™ is an automatic non-contact AOA inspection system that measures angle of attack (AOA) and back to back (B2B) on both wheels of a wheelset simultaneously at mainline operational speeds. It also provides data to analyze truck (bogie) performance.
In-track angle of attack and back-to-back measurement
Extremely accurate measurements
Since AOAView is installed on a tie (sleeper) between the rails, it provides a reliable angle of attack measurement as track fluctuations due to dynamic loads do not affect where the measurements are performed. Also, AOAView provides extremely accurate measurements of back-to-back distance of wheel sets with multiple measurements from both wheels of an axle.
Provides multiple measurements
AOAView is also capable of measuring tracking position and axle back-to-back dimension. The system is installed between the rails and has sufficient clearance with respect to the rail for most rail grinding machines and other track maintenance equipment to pass through the location without interference.
Dramatic time and cost savings, versus manual inspections
Complete AOA measurement quicker, minimizing time taken, costs, and issues that disrupt service.
Rolling stock stays in service for longer
With accurate measurements at mainline operational speeds there is minimal disruption to rolling stock schedules.
Limits risk to personnel, works 24/7, even in tough environments
AOAView works in even the toughest environments and at night so field workers are not in unpleasant or unsafe working conditions thereby reducing the risk to their safety.
Digital accurate records, with automated reporting
Providing digital records that are usable across operations and maintenance PantoView reduces manual and paper-based workflows saving time and money. Remote monitoring data can be reported on automatically so that corrective actions can be taken with less impact on service.
Inspections & Measurements
Trimble AOAView system inspections and measurements include:
- Axle angle of attack (AOA).
- Axle tracking position.
- Back to back (B2B).
- Truck (bogie) tracking error.
- Truck (bogie) lateral shift.
- Truck (bogie) rotation.
- Truck (bogie) interaxle misalignment.
- Detection of truck (bogie) hunting if multiple units are installed.
Depending on the rolling stock types and requirements, the system’s measurement outputs may require optimization or customization.
- Bi-directional system.
- Inspection and measurement at mainline operational speeds.
- Operates in extreme environments.
- Installed in track using a steel sleeper (tie).
- Easy maintenance.
- Air purge unit for system cleaning.
- Automatic defect reporting.
- Digital image acquisition/processing.
- AEI (RFID) integration.
- Automated reporting.
- Web-based interface and database for data visualization and analysis (with Trimble CMMS™ (Condition Monitoring Management System) or TrainWatch™ software).
- Remote monitoring/control.
- Freight & heavy haul
- High speed
- 110V AC or 220V AC
- Annual calibration.
- Annual inspection & service.
- Quarterly inspections.
- In track/steel sleeper (tie).
Automated Health Reporting
Air Purge Unit