Trimble CSCView System
Car (wagon) structural components (undercarriage) imaging & inspection
Trimble® CSCView® is an automatic undercarriage imaging and inspection system that inspects undercarriage structural components of all rolling stock types at mainline operational speeds.
Trimble CSCView system uses high-speed and high-definition digital imaging together with specially designed illumination sources to produce multiple high resolution images of every car (wagon) undercarriage area for inspection. For reliable automatic inspections and to capture virtually all visible components under the car (wagon), multiple cameras with different angles of view are employed in the CSCView imaging system.
The inspection of car (wagon) components which are only visible from the bottom has always been a challenge for railway operators. Trimble CSCView overcomes these challenges and automates inspection of undercarriage components to pre-empt issues and improve maintenance workflows.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet
- Sophisticated image processing algorithms to assess condition and report detected defects.
- Processed data and images are integrated into the Trimble CMMS™ (Condition Monitoring Management System) software to provide web-based access for data visualization, alarm management, and data analytics.
- Works in the toughest rail environments and extreme weather conditions at mainline operational speeds.
- System installation does not require any major track modifications.
Inspections & Measurements
Trimble CSCView system inspections and measurements include:
- Floor support inspection.
- Center sill crack detection.
- Brake beam inspection.
- Missing bolt(s) detection for coupler and draft gear carrier plates.
- Missing knuckle pin detection.
- Missing uncoupling lever detection.
- Draw gear bottle and follower block separation.
- Axle scoring detection.
- Bent headstock detection.
Trimble CSCView system provides a full image of the undercarriage area that will include different car(wagon) parts and components:
- Truck (bogie) underside
- Hopper doors dump gates and their locking mechanisms bottom view.
- Center sill.
- Side sill (with side boxes).
- Coupler area.
- Axle area.
- Brake beams
- Truck bolster.
- Tanker caps bottom view.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet