Rolling stock in-service planning and performance management
Trimble® P2M system uses timetable, vehicle location, and real-time in-service performance diagnostic data to plan for optimal timetable adherence and fuel efficiency.
Make the most of diagnostic data and plan for optimum performance
Find and fix the cause of delays
Trimble P2M performance planning and management system for operations includes timetable, energy, and driver behavior management for operational excellence. P2M utilizes timetable, actual vehicle location, and real-time in-service diagnostic information to identify the root cause of delays and to plan journeys for optimum timetable adherence and fuel usage.
Optimize performance efficiency
Through a combination of journey planning and improved driver awareness, P2M also maximizes energy and fuel efficiency, and helps manage driver behavior.
Know what to do when issues arise
P2M provides the operations team with in-service recommendations when fleet failures occur to reduce delays and penalties. P2M is also available as an on-board cab advisory system to give advice on optimal driving behavior.
Improve service and reduce penalties
Reduce in-service delays and performance penalties through real-time alarms and alerts along with recommended actions to rectify problems as they occur. Improve punctuality of service using timetable, location, and on train diagnostic data.
Optimize overall performance
By constant analysis of in-service performance and driving patterns, energy and fuel consumption can be optimized through ‘optimal runs’ for efficiency thereby reducing costs. Optimize maintenance scheduling by alerting issues before they arise. Minimize timetable revisions by monitoring detailed route timing points and fleet location for greater timetable conformance and maintenance scheduling.
Real-time timetable fleet performance monitoring
Improve timetable conformance and timetable revisions by tracking route timing points and fleet location. P2M helps with delay attribution by correlating real-time on train diagnostic with delay information and uses timetable, location, and real-time on-train diagnostic data to improve service punctuality.
- Identifies faults and patterns of faults using a detailed vehicle performance monitoring and recovery system to prevent in-service problems
- Graphical in-service fault finding guide
- Knowledge based fault recovery
- Tracks vehicle and fleet location through mapping software
- View cab equipment in real time from the control room to understand the driver’s experience
- Facilitates interactive and predictive fault detection through the definition of rules and alarms using an intuitive graphical user interface
- New alerts and rules can be defined and added to the system without affecting the vehicles in service
- Real-time cross fleet performance monitoring identifies trends as they occur within a fleet
- Integrates with control room and maintenance depot
- Analyzes timetable performance
- Section delay analysis
- Real-time delay information and root cause analysis