Trimble TrainView System
Full Scale Train Imaging & Inspection
Trimble® TrainView® is an automatic full scale train imaging and inspection system that images and inspects train body/roof area at mainline operational speeds.
Trimble TrainView system uses high-speed and high-definition digital imaging together with specially designed illumination sources to produce multiple high resolution images of side and top of every car (wagon). For reliable automatic inspections and to capture all externally visible components, multiple imaging scanner units are employed in the TrainView system. The number and configuration of the scanner boxes can be adapted to the specific site and customer requirements.
The system benefits rail operators by assisting rail car (wagon) inspectors with visual inspection processes and by providing the maintenance alerts for defective car (wagon) components. TrainView is also of relevance in the security industry where the detection of foreign objects on trains is becoming a critical issue for the rail transportation industry.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet
- Sophisticated image processing algorithms to assess condition and report detected defects.
- Processed data and images are integrated into the Trimble CMMS™ (Condition Monitoring Management System) software to provide web-based access for data visualization, alarm management, and data analytics.
- Works in the toughest rail environments and extreme weather conditions at mainline operational speeds.
- System installation does not require any major track modifications or extended closures.
Inspections & Measurements
Trimble TrainView system inspections and measurements include:
- Car (wagon) tag identification.
- Missing/damaged reflective decals detection.
- Missing label holder detection.
- Missing brake wheel detection.
- Missing/broken shedding shields detection.
- Bent top chord detection.
Trimble TrainView system provides full images of the train body/roof area that will include different car (wagon) parts and components:
- Car (wagon) body sides.
- Car (wagon) body ends.
- Car (wagon) roof.
- All safety appliances.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet