Trimble TruckView System
Truck (Bogie) Inspection
Trimble® TruckView® is an automatic truck (bogie) inspection system that inspects truck (bogie) components at mainline operational speeds.
Trimble TruckView system uses high-speed and high-definition imaging to provide high resolution images of every truck (bogie) for inspection and measurement. Every truck (bogie) is viewed from at least two angles, top and bottom, to provide a complete and reliable assessment of condition. TruckView inspects many features of trucks (bogies) including fasteners, side frame condition, bearings and related components, friction wedges, springs, and more.
The Trimble TruckView system detects faults and can identify indicators that may lead to safety incidents. Automating inspections with TruckView helps mitigate incidents and improves safety.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet
- Sophisticated image processing algorithms to assess condition and report detected defects.
- Processed data and images are integrated into the Trimble CMMS™ (Condition Monitoring Management System) software to provide web-based access for data visualization, alarm management, and data analytics.
- Works in the toughest rail environments and extreme weather conditions at mainline operational speeds.
- System installation does not require any major track modifications or extended closures.
Inspections & Measurements
Trimble TruckView system inspections and measurements include:
- Wedge height.
- Individual and average wedge rise.
- Alarm generation for excessive high wedges.
- Bolster height.
- Spring nest height.
- Spring spacing.
- Spring inspection to detect broken/missing/solid springs.
- Missing bearing cap and cap bolts detection.
- Bearing adapter inspection (missing or significant misalignment).
- Missing wear plate detection.
- Missing axle keep and axle keep nut detection.
- Truck (bogie) type recognition.
- Missing R-clip and clevis pin detection.
- VTA valve inspection.
- Hopper door inspection (failed hinge, open doors).
- Side frame inspection (optional).
- Sliding wheel detection (optional).
- Broken earth strap detection.
LEARN MORE: Datasheet