Wayside truck (bogie) inspection
Trimble® TruckView® wayside truck (bogie) inspection vision-based system operates at mainline speeds using high-speed and high-definition imaging for inspection and measurement of trucks.
Inspection and measurement of truck (bogie) and friction wedges, at mainline speeds, even in tough environments, day or night
Automated complete and reliable assessment of truck (bogie) condition
TruckView uses high-speed and high-definition imaging to provide high resolution images of every truck for inspection and measurement. Many truck (bogie) related defects can cause serious short term and long terms problems and possible derailments. For a reliable and dependable inspection every truck is viewed from at least two angles—top and bottom.
Sophisticated image processing with alarms that alert to issues
TruckView inspects many features of bogies including fasteners, side frame condition, bearings and related components, friction wedges, springs, and more. Alarms are generated when issues are detected. Examples are excessive wedge rise, spring condition to find missing and broken springs, and spring compression to detect imbalanced loads.
Dramatic time and cost savings, versus manual inspections
Automate and complete friction wedge inspections quicker, minimizing time taken, costs, and issues that disrupt service.
Rolling stock stays in service for longer
With accurate measurements at mainline operational speeds there is minimal disruption to rolling stock schedules.
Limits risk to personnel, works 24/7, even in tough environments
TruckView works in even the toughest environments and at night so field workers are not in unpleasant or unsafe working conditions thereby reducing the risk to their safety.
Digital accurate records, with automated alerts of issues
Providing digital records that are usable across operations and maintenance TruckView reduces manual and paper-based workflows saving time and money. Critical issues are flagged and reported automatically so that corrective actions can be taken with less impact on service.
- Speeds of 0 to 60 mph (100 km/h)
- Capable of operating in extreme environments
- Operating temperature: –40°C to 55°C
- Installed on trackside with no track interference
- Easy maintenance
- Automatic alarm generation
- Remote monitoring/control
- Digital image acquisition/processing
- Web-based database/visualization
- Automated reporting
- AEI (RFID) integration
Inspections & Measurements
- Spring inspection to detect broken or missing springs
- Heavy load imbalance
- Bearing cap and cap bolts
- Side frame mismatch
- Bearing adapter
- Bearing adapter wear plate
- Bearing keeps
- Sand hose position and activators
- Wedge detection and height measurement
- Individual and average wedge rise measurement
- Hopper door
- Earth straps
- VTA valves
- Sliding wheel detection (optional)
- Truck type identification (optional)