Truck (bogie) inspection
Trimble® TruckView® is an automatic truck (bogie) inspection system that inspects truck (bogie) components using high-speed and high-definition imaging at mainline operational speeds.
Inspection and measurement of truck (bogie) and friction wedges, at mainline speeds, even in tough environments, day or night
Automated complete and reliable assessment of truck (bogie) condition
TruckView uses high-speed and high-definition imaging to provide high resolution images of every truck for inspection and measurement. Many truck (bogie) related defects can cause serious short term and long terms problems and possible derailments. For a reliable and dependable inspection every truck is viewed from at least two angles—top and bottom.
Sophisticated image processing with alarms that alert to issues
TruckView inspects many features of bogies including fasteners, side frame condition, bearings and related components, friction wedges, springs, and more. Alarms are generated when issues are detected. Examples are excessive wedge rise, spring condition to find missing and broken springs, and spring compression to detect imbalanced loads.
Dramatic time and cost savings, versus manual inspections
Automate and complete friction wedge inspections quicker, minimizing time taken, costs, and issues that disrupt service.
Rolling stock stays in service for longer
With accurate measurements at mainline operational speeds there is minimal disruption to rolling stock schedules.
Limits risk to personnel, works 24/7, even in tough environments
TruckView works in even the toughest environments and at night so field workers are not in unpleasant or unsafe working conditions thereby reducing the risk to their safety.
Digital accurate records, with automated alerts of issues
Providing digital records that are usable across operations and maintenance TruckView reduces manual and paper-based workflows saving time and money. Critical issues are flagged and reported automatically so that corrective actions can be taken with less impact on service.
Inspections & Measurements
Trimble TruckView system inspections and measurements include:
- Wedge height.
- Individual and average wedge rise.
- Alarm generation for excessive high wedges.
- Bolster height.
- Spring nest height.
- Spring spacing.
- Spring inspection to detect broken/missing/solid springs.
- Missing bearing cap and cap bolts detection.
- Bearing adapter inspection (missing or significant misalignment).
- Missing wear plate detection.
- Missing axle keep and axle keep nut detection.
- Truck (bogie) type recognition.
- Missing R-clip and clevis pin detection.
- Hopper door inspection (broken hinge, open doors).
- Side frame inspection (optional).
- Sliding wheel detection (optional).
Depending on the rolling stock types and requirements, the system’s inspection and measurement outputs may require optimization or customization.
Trimble TruckView system provides a full image of the exterior truck (bogie) area.
- Bi-directional system.
- Inspection and measurement at mainline operational speeds.
- Operates in extreme environments.
- Installed off track on tower or pole (concrete or steel base) with no track interference.
- Easy maintenance.
- Automatic defect reporting.
- Digital image acquisition/processing
- AEI (RFID) integration
- Automated reporting
- Web-based interface and database for data visualization and analysis (with Trimble CMMS™ (Condition Monitoring Management System) or TrainWatch™ software).
- Remote monitoring/control
- Freight & heavy haul
- High speed
- 110V AC or 220V AC
- Annual calibration.
- Annual inspection & service.
- Quarterly inspections.
- Off track/tower or pole on concrete or steel base.
Automated Health Reporting
Air Purge Unit